Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Self Fulfilling Prophecies and Limiting Beliefs

Some of you may have heard the phrase, "If you think you can't, you can't."  What does that mean? Well, if you think you can't, you certainly won't try, which makes it impossible to prove that you can! But what about the law of attraction theorists?  They would recommend that to attract success, you envision yourself being successful instead of trying to picture yourself failing   Even if the law of attraction doesn't exist, you will be happier thinking about what you want, like and hope for.  Some people are afraid to "get their hopes up too high" which makes me sad; that means you will never allow yourself to hope, dream and get excited about something you want and like.  I say go for the joy and follow your bliss and ride the wave!

I know I'm getting a little too happy but is there such a thing as too happy?  I was listening to an Abraham Hicks recording recently and something stood out; they discourage us from thinking and feeling how it would be if negative things do not change, why not think about how it will be when these negative situations turn themselves around to more positive ones.  In other words, why do I want change and why will it be awesome?  Then the limiting beliefs set in ie "That will never happen for me."  "I can't have that kind of happiness."  "I am stuck."

I suggest that you take 2 of your most prevalent limiting beliefs and turn them into positives.  For example, change  "I'll never get a good job"  to "It's possible that I could get a good job."  Another one could be "I can never be happy again after what has happened in my life"  and change it to "Maybe it is possible that I will be happy again someday."  Once you crack open those negative believes and let in a little ray of sunshine or hope, you can start envisioning how it could be if your dreams came true.  Then take the 2 new transformed statements of hope and say them everyday for a week and let me know if you feel better or not. (and especially let me know if you manifest your dreams!)

I hope your self fulfilling prophecies are of joy, love and happiness.

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment