Thursday, June 9, 2016

Gratitude

It's been a few days since I've felt inspired to write again but today I am buzzing with gratitude for no particular reason so I thought I'd share this concept with you.

My last blog revealed the secret to happiness (gratitude).  I know I could have sold it for millions of dollars but I thought it would be more important to share it with humanity to make the world a better and happier place to live.  lol

People who are grateful are happier; nothing fancy to say about that.  It's true.  The next step is thinking about what you're grateful for more often than thinking about what you don't like/want.  This is challenging but doable.

Then there is The Law of Attraction theory which is the next step on this ladder to happiness.  This theory explains that since we are energy and like attracts like, we want to vibrate at this higher (happier) vibration to attract more of the same energy.  But how does one do this when things are happening that we don't like and we don't want?

Well, one way is to understand that "it is all good" as the saying goes; since we learn and grow the fastest from these challenging events, it's a good thing even if it's uncomfortable.  So it's the way we interpret events that determines our mood.

But really, how do we vibrate at a higher level when these uncomfortable things occur in our lives? We have to train our brains to go positive in the face of negative situations.  Our brains are already in the habit (appropriately so) to go negative when something happens that we don't like.  The goal is to train your brain to loop the other way.

As soon as you don't feel good, take a step back and understand why you feel bad (mindfulness); then force yourself to think about something positive.  Whether it's something pertaining to the present situation or not it does not matter.  Using "Wouldn't it be nice if...?" and finishing the sentence without negatives will force you to think about positive hopes and dreams.  I am not recommending that you ignore situations that need your attention; you must continue to "take care of business" but without ruminating about it and telling all of your friends, coworkers, family members, hair dresser, etc.

The final and most challenging step is to allow yourself to feel the way you will feel when the positive situation happens.  If you allow yourself to feel awesome like when the awesome thing occurs, you vibrate at that level and attract more awesome things that match that feeling.  I know this sounds like a bunch of hokey s__t but even if it is, I guarantee  you will feel better while doing it.

Patterns/habits take time so don't be discouraged; this won't happen overnight.  I even have my own technique that I've created to make this easier.  I'll explain it in my next blog.

Wishing you awesome vibes!

Lisa






No comments:

Post a Comment